ARTMACS is the skilled expert tool in Air Traffic Control simulation that encompasses modern and effective ways to train air traffic controllers, complying with the latest demands in the simulation industry. ARTMACS is a modular and flexible system that is used to simulate a wide range of air traffic control operations.
ARTMACS can simulate different stages of flight control as: area, approach, tower and ground control. For tower and ground, ARTMACS provides a full 3D module allowing a realistic view of the airport. For the final approach, ARTMACS is also fitted with Precision Approach Radar (PAR).
In addition, it addresses many areas of air traffic control and related segments:
- Procedural ATC
- Radar ATC training (Surface Movement Radar, secondary or primary radar, PAR)
- All control areas training: en-route, terminal or approach, tower, ground
- Tower control in 3D or 2D visualization
- Development of new ATC areas, routes, sectors, procedures, etc...
- Airport development studies, including regulations, vehicle traffic, air navigation aids, lighting and security
ARTMACS supports all levels of ATC training:
- Ab-initio training for students
- Recurrent and upgrade training of professional operational staff
- Emergency Training
- Training for new airspace divisions, route structures, traffic flows and procedures
ARTMACS is fitted with a large range of tools in order to simulate different control situations, working positions and environment: high quality airport visual scenes, realistic time-of-day and weather simulation, extensive aircraft model and airlines database, emergency support like landing gear failure, engine or cabin smoke or fire, bird strike; airport, aircraft and vehicle lighting, environment sound effects, crashes.